Need A Gig Of Ram...

well.. i have 1 gig of ram on my computer... and i want another stick of 1 gig... i have a transcent 1gb ddr 400

linky, and i dont overclock.. or anything like that.. i need one stick of 1 gig.. for around 100 bucks.. which one do u guys recommend

Well first of all I recommend you get the same type of RAM. Name, amount, and everything. Because its not good to mix different name brand RAM together.

another swing and a miss for peanut butter boy!

that is NOT true. though it would might be a good idea on older systems running dual channel, it's not 100% necessary. also... buying by "brand" name on the box isn't 100% that you'll get the same "brand" ram. most companies simply box ram, they don't make it, thus they buy what ever they can get cheapest this week.

if you don't overclock its easy, just check out newegg for some DDR400 1GB for cheap, and there it is. if you know the timings of your ram, great, try to find some mem with similar if not exactly the same timings. If you don't know the timings, download CPU-Z @ www.cpuid.com, and check under memory for the timings.

other than that, just get the same mem again if you want to spend around 100$.

Like said before go to like newegg and look around the ram section if your not overclocking I am sure there are plenty of choices out there that are around or under $100.

Only sujestion get ram with the same or similar timings to the other stick or ram because if you get ram with higher timings then your older one your timings will go up. Might cause a small preformance decrease.

another swing and a miss for peanut butter boy!

that is NOT true. though it would might be a good idea on older systems running dual channel, it's not 100% necessary. also... buying by "brand" name on the box isn't 100% that you'll get the same "brand" ram. most companies simply box ram, they don't make it, thus they buy what ever they can get cheapest this week.

Hey not to be mean or anything but if I am wrong just tell me and thats it. There is no reason for name calling.

it's okay bro... it's all in fun :)

we all have fun with each other here... hence the reason the other mods always change my title or I get called "captain overkill" all the time.

:lol: yeah I was gettin too sensitive there lol