Lcd Decision

marsx69

Hi all!

Ok, I'm getting an LCD soon and I need some oppinions. First off I'm using an eVGA 6800gt (AGP) and the max resolution I get in the advanced tab is 2048x1536. I am looking at the Samsung 205BW. I should be ok on my desktop at the native res of 1680x1050 however in BF2, FEAR and the like I may be screwed even with the extras turned off.

Should I try this monitor or look for one with a native res of 1440x900?

I know I'll need to tweak my games FoV and that's no big deal.

Thank's for the advice everyone.

to answer your question, you'll be fine in BF2, just have 1.5gigs of ram + and you'll be good :P tho you'll end up running it at around med tho :( fear probably

I say 1680x1050, so in the future youcan upgrade your GPU, you already have an awesome monitor :D

to answer your question, you'll be fine in BF2, just have 1.5gigs of ram + and you'll be good :P tho you'll end up running it at around med tho :( fear probably

I say 1680x1050, so in the future youcan upgrade your GPU, you already have an awesome monitor :D

Acctually my monitor is a SyncMaster 955DF. that max res is just what my advanced settings tab shows when I have it list resolutions my adapter will support. Although I am quite happy with my current monitor it is a few years old.