Whats The Difference

Guest Raven65

Regular psu all wires pre connected. Modular, you can add and remove wires, usually harder to manage. Due to the stiffness of the wires and it seems the rails on many aren't that great.

Modular describes the ability to disconnect wires. But doing so increases resistance in the lines thus lowering voltage.

There really is no reason to use modular cables, the aged old marketing ploy of 'better wire management' is a lie. Modular or not, good wire management possible.

ok kool well that pretty much answers what i've been wondering ,reason i'm askin is because i never really got around to reading things about it ,been a lil lazy lately....too much work.but yea as i was saying ive been wondering becuz i have this lil prob with my rig having to many fan near the cpu and rear exhaust. i have a fan on the bottom of my psu and i've been worried that having 3 fans close to each other would cause mal-airflow,kinda sux cuz i might have to get another cpu heatshink{i gotta volcano 12} its slighty bigger than i thought. so i got to lookin at power supplies and things i should consider for the prob to be resloved.i found this ultra x-finity 600 watt psu thats got more juice and a better lay out of fans on it .ok well i'm gonna stop rambling now before i cornfuse one of ya'z

ok kool well that pretty much answers what i've been wondering ,reason i'm askin is because i never really got around to reading things about it ,been a lil lazy lately....too much work.but yea as i was saying ive been wondering becuz i have this lil prob with my rig having to many fan near the cpu and rear exhaust. i have a fan on the bottom of my psu and i've been worried that having 3 fans close to each other would cause mal-airflow,kinda sux cuz i might have to get another cpu heatshink{i gotta volcano 12} its slighty bigger than i thought. so i got to lookin at power supplies and things i should consider for the prob to be resloved.i found this ultra x-finity 600 watt psu thats got more juice and a better lay out of fans on it .ok well i'm gonna stop rambling now before i cornfuse one of ya'z

615982[/snapback]

If you havent bought it yet, Im sure the OCC could find you a much better power supply for what your going to pay.

eh well i've found one at zip zoom fly for 99.00 with free 2nd day air,so that a good deal if u ask me,but its just a opinion

616012[/snapback]

Which one may I ask?

A Link would be awesome.