Reviewed: Logitech G7+steelpad S&s

My first review on OCC I think.

Alright, so for X-Mas I got the lovely Logitech G7 and the Steelpad S&S. They are solid performers.

Logitech G7:

The Logitech G7 is an amazing piece of work. It has a nice design much like the MX1000's. However, the left side is smaller than the MX1000, so it takes a few hours to get used to. The on-the-fly DPI changer is great, I can go from an assault or tanker to precision sniper in a fraction of a second. The buttons sound a little too loud though, and the scroll wheel makes loud clicks. The lack of a "forward" button on the mouse is also pretty bad. The 2000DPI resolution is amazing. By moving the mouse a few inches quickly, I can spin around three times in BF2, and that's with a sensitivity of something like 3. The battery life is the worst part. It lasts about a day of heavy gaming or medium gaming and lots of web browsing. The charger is great-if you plug it in to a powered hub or directly to the computer. It charges in about 2 hours with the "Boost" charge, but unless you have a powered hub or DC to the computer, it will take much longer. However, it is easy and quick to change the battery, so no worries there if you have them constantly charging. The reception is amazing, and I have yet to lag or get a choppy response. The other largest con is that it is very expensive. For the price you'd think you'd get a forward button and better charge time.

Steelpad S&S:

The Steelpad S&S is supposed to be an amazing mat, or at least one would think that if it is given good reviews by the likes of Team3D and SK Gaming. And indeed it is. First off, it's extremely light. I thought there wasn't any mousepad in the box at first. Sure enough there was, and it also had a bag to carry it in. Good for LANParty goers I suppose. The pad is massive, it will take up a lot of space. To give a good idea of how large it is, it can cover 2/3 of my G15 and my Logitech Extreme 3D Pro can fit on it. This is good if you have a large desk, because it gives hte mouse lots of room to move. You won't have to worry about running out of space with this monster. It is pretty expensive for a mouse pad, but if you're a serious gamer it's worth it.

Used together:

When you combine these two, you get one sick setup. The teflon feet on the G7 make it glide very easily along the already slick surface of the Steelpad. Since the S&S isn't made of glass like the iCEMAT, it works fine. It requires very little movement at 2000DPI to move your mouse far and quick. You won't run out of space, even on the lowest DPI setting. If you have large hands, don't worry. The mouse still moves easily on the pad even if your hand is rubbing on the pad.

Overall/Final Verdict:

For the serious gamer, these are the honey and ambrosia of gaming. They are expensive, it tallies up anywhere from $80-$100, but it is worth it. You will find that they offer a winning combination and can be one of the keys as to whether you get a headshot on that last MEC soldier, or a simple body shot :P.

Logitech G7: 8/10, great resolution and response, poor battery life and expensive

Steelpad S&S: 9/10, very slick and large, but expensive for a pad

Used Together: 10/10, no complaints at all

Sounds good, thanks for the review, but I do have to agree that I was converted earlier into a believer of lantency, wheter its mice or monitor, and I decided to get the G5 instead of the G7 because their pretty much the same mice, except that ones wireld, the other is wireless.