Buying Help

Hey all, its been a while since I was on the computer scene so please bare with me :P I want to upgrade the amount of ram I have in my system to 2gb but I'm not too sure what type/brand to get anymore. I plan to do some ocing but mainly I'm after stability. My system is listed below in my sig. If possible, I'd like to stay under $250 but I am willing to go more expensive if needed.

I just got 2 gigs in my laptop and it has made a WORLD of difference!

Like i was reading about TCCD and some other type of ram chip that has come out recently and was looking for input on which manufacters have it.

I personally don't like the ocz ram i have right now as it doesn't oc well and it has a lot of problems... I was hoping to replace it with something else...

I don't think TCCD is available in 1GB sticks. The best 1GB sticks right now in PC4000 seem to be the OCZ 3-3-2-7 Plats, and the Mushkin Redlines 3-3-2-7. As you can probably guess, they use the same chips (may be Infineon, not sure).

Next best for OC are PC4000 sticks using Samsung UCCC chips: GSkill GBHz, Mushkin Extreme Black, OCZ has a model with these, and I'm sure there are other brands as well.

People were getting good results with Crucial Ballistix PC4000, but they seem to be having some QC issues with mysterious RAM death (may or may not be from user abuse).

I've also heard good things about GSkill GBZX PC3200: tighter timings, but not always as high an OC as PC4000.

I'm sure there are some others that I can't remember at the moment, so maybe someone else will chime in.

I don't think TCCD is available in 1GB sticks. The best 1GB sticks right now in PC4000 seem to be the OCZ 3-3-2-7 Plats, and the Mushkin Redlines 3-3-2-7. As you can probably guess, they use the same chips (may be Infineon, not sure).

Next best for OC are PC4000 sticks using Samsung UCCC chips: GSkill GBHz, Mushkin Extreme Black, OCZ has a model with these, and I'm sure there are other brands as well.

People were getting good results with Crucial Ballistix PC4000, but they seem to be having some QC issues with mysterious RAM death (may or may not be from user abuse).

I've also heard good things about GSkill GBZX PC3200: tighter timings, but not always as high an OC as PC4000.

I'm sure there are some others that I can't remember at the moment, so maybe someone else will chime in.

604830[/snapback]

:withstupid: 1gb sticks use higher density chips