Won't Boot To Windows

Inu_Yasha

i tried the NTDETECT.COM copy over to the same drive but it didn't help :( I did that and the ntldr copy at the same time. Actually, I'm getting the feeling that it isn't the drive that's messing up either... I may be some other part of the computer.

I tried running a format using Windows XP MCE last night and the installation would do one of two things: it would freeze at "installing components 34min left" or would get to the point where I have to change to cd 2 and then it would require me to keep swiching cd's like every 2 sec. Also, after I ran a format on one of the partitions, while it was installing the files to the drive, it kept giving me errors like a file couldn't be copied. I tried both cd drives but nothing helped. I'm going to see if I can get a win xp pro disk and try to fix my problem, but I don't know of that will help. Any ideas?

edit: I think I fixed my windows installation problem, I think the cd-rom drive was overheating. The installation is running smooth now!

Edited by Inu_Yasha

edit:  I think I fixed my windows installation problem, I think the cd-rom drive was overheating.  The installation is running smooth now!

603617[/snapback]

So you tried a different ROM. Akrighty then, But if you still get those opening file error and possibly "sector not found" errors, then the drive could be bad.