Display Timing

Just wondering (Again), I have doing alot of nosing around in the Display Properties lately and I have another question about the timing part. Can someone give me the run down on those 5 options?

Just wondering (Again), I have doing alot of nosing around in the Display Properties lately and I have another question about the timing part. Can someone give me the run down on those 5 options?

600148[/snapback]

I think obviously it's better to have windows determine what the best timing mode is. I think those other ones are for more hardcore timing mode's that we gamers would want to use. But I couldn't tell you which one or ones it is..I hope others reply because I would like to know myself now that you have brought it up.

I think obviously it's better to have windows determine what the best timing mode is. I think those other ones are for more hardcore timing mode's that we gamers would want to use. But I couldn't tell you which one or ones it is..I hope others reply because I would like to know myself now that you have brought it up.

600202[/snapback]

I disagree. I don't want Windows decide more than it should. EX: In the performance options. If you "let "Windows choose what's best for my Computer" it'll basically consume more resources/memory etc . So, thank you very much windows but I think I'll decide what's best for ME.

Yea, I would also like someone to post to this question. Now I am intrigued.

Geez' maybe Natatlie would know uh Clay?

there is no performance drop/boost from the timing options there... they are different timing modes for the graphics card to talk to the monitor to set up the format of each graphics mode... there is no "hardcore gamer option"... you'd only really want to change this from auto to force a particular timing mode for stubborn displays imo