Can't Find My Sata Drive After Crash

GrimJack

Sigh!

This is a long, sad story that (mostly) ended happily; some of it documented elsewhere on board.

History

I built this system from parts bought on-line, lessons learned hard include:

Asus A8V-deluxe MoBo required IDE drive to install XP,

XP required floppy drive to install SATA drivers,

LanBoy front USB connectors crashed my board w/"no cpu found" error.

I think the start of my current problem is that I was so intent on getting my system up and running that I used the IDE drive from my old system as the system drive on my new sys. It finally died (along with my Nvidia 6800GT video card, I don't know which took the other down). I bought a new 80gig hd, installed XP and this is when I discovered that the graphics card was dead and that I could not see my SATA drive. It took me a long time to figure out it was probably the card and not me/my system, then took another while to convince Evga to replace the card.

And here I am, how do I get XP to see my SATA drive? My BIOS sees it; my VIA RAID tool sees it (sort of) but I don't know how to get XP to see it.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Guest Raven65

Does your computer boot up?

Did you install all your via drivers?

Is xp seeing the HD as a removable drive?

all good questions, Thanks!

Here is what I see (attached) - it probably is a maxtor drive but it surely is not SCSI unless that has become another label for SATA.

I bought and installed a new 80 gig hd; played some wicked games but i really would like get at that 190 gig SATA hd.

all good questions, Thanks!

Here is what I see (attached)  - it probably is a maxtor drive but it surely is not SCSI unless that has become another label for SATA.

I bought and installed a new 80 gig hd; played some wicked games but i really would like get at that 190 gig SATA hd.

602023[/snapback]

Nothing Attached.