New Video Card For X-mas

CoolMaster

Guest Raven65

Ok guys he said it was a christmas present. It might be from someone, so Go with the 6800 gs. I'd still get the 6800gt but that's your choice.

Ok guys he said it was a christmas present. It might be from someone, so Go with the 6800 gs. I'd still get the 6800gt but that's your choice.

600075[/snapback]

I was going to, but I heard about the fact that they might stop production of them

and isnt the 6800gs...like based off the 7 series anyways?

I was going to, but I heard about the fact that they might stop production of them

and isnt the 6800gs...like based off the 7 series anyways?

600867[/snapback]

yeah, it is, and if I'm not mistaken, it's cheaper than the gt and is almost on par with it.

Yeah, apparently according to the reviews, the 6800gs isnt going to be around for long......but I dont see why it's a good card

I wonder how many people are going to buy it?

600874[/snapback]

I believe the 7800gs should be released soon, so that's probably why.

It ended up being what i ordered, and I would've gottena 7800gt, but It's for x-mas, which is like 100bucks more, so yea...........cause this 6800gs was only 200, GREAT DEAL at newegg.

I guess ill be special, having the 6800gs, when it's gone lol

still i looked at the reviews, it is a extremely nice card.

I think one day nvidia and ati will kill each other with all this card competition

Ya i'm wondering about this card, I'm considering the 6800gs, 7800gt, and the 7800gs when it is released. Please share the benchies you can pull with the new card.

601256[/snapback]

Will do, apparently in alot of games they can pass 6800gt's (because of memory clock is a lil higher i think)

Still woudl ahve went with a 7800GT...sry but HUGE performance difference. Either way the 6800gs is a very nice card and you'll love it, until you get to play with better...of course i still love that 6800 i just sold to a friend, but the 7800gt and x800xtpe pwn it :lol: so yeah now useless advice + rant = a 25% useful post, and yeah well enjoy the card

Merry Christmas

(btw cant wait for the 7800gs if it is as good price performance wise for the 7800 series as the 6800gs si for the 6800 series :D)