Car Audio

TimeMachine

Check Crutchfield, they ahve great TechSupport and send you a bunch of extra stuff that make installation easier.

Are you building your box or buying?

597874[/snapback]

They also are priced darn near local retail. You can find the things your looking for far less expensively at the three other sites listed above. You dont need the extra stuff to make install easier if your paying someone else to install. If you are doing it yourself then the knu konceptz kits will work out real well for you.

wow you guys have taught me a lot!!!

ok here the deal.. the reason I am buying from bestbuy is because my cousin can get 60 percent off of any Car Audio system.

Btw I am looking for a more boom , so any suggestion?

p.s. can u guys tell me a good setup for boom .

for box I'm going for q-logic box.

thanks again :)

-timemachine

Edited by TimeMachine

Whoa, shouldn't he be matching the amp to the RMS wattages of the speakers rather than the 'peak'? We all know peak ratings are a bunch of hooey. Therefore he needs about a 1000 watt amp. The one he chose will do the job, it just won't be able to utilize the subs full ability.

They were talking about max power. A pioneer 800 watt Max amp. If you read all of my post you would have noticed I told him to get an amp that matched the RMS power for the subwoofers he's getting.

Time,

Ive ran those subs before. Last I remember they were like 1000w peak but only 500w RMS. If this still rings true then you are goingt o want to pick up either

a monoblock amp that makes 1000w RMS at 2 ohm, and then wire your speakers in parallel

a monoblock amp that makes 1000w rms  at 4 ohm

a 450-500w x2 RMS amp. My type R's were super power hungry. Not nearly as power hungry as the type X 12 I got to replace them, but they will use every bit of that 450 to 500w.

If you are just looking for booming bass, you are getting the wrong subs anyway. For clarity you CAN stick with an alpine amp. If you are just looking to turn head with bass, then pick up some Kicker gear, its not clean, but itll make your ears bleed.

Also, price wise check out the web, some of my favorites are

www.ikesound.com

www.thezeb.com

Good luck!

597306[/snapback]

Alpine 1241D's are 300 RMS and 1000 max. The 1242D's that he's getting at 500 RMS and 1500 max. The new Alpine's he's getting are pleanty loud enough. They'll make his ears bleed just fine especially at the price. Also they'll have the sound quality as well. Two of them will make his car rattle all over. They'll get pretty close to the same power as your Type-X and get better frequency response.

If your friend can get you 60% off, then go for it. But I'd make sure to check pricegrabber.com to compare the prices because you may be able to get a better deal.

As for the boxes, those subs are supposed to have a sealed box between 0.7 and 1.0 cubic feet I think. 0.80 or 0.85 cubic feet per sub being the best. Just find something with that size and you'll be good. I don't suggest ported for those subs because it wouldn't sound as good.

hey guys this looks like a good place to post

sorry not trying to hijack just had a question about the same subs

my setup

2000 dodge dakota club cab

2 12" alpine type r q logic box

front doors http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1069302293654

rears http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1099388651338

deck is a pioneer deh 7600 i belive

sub amp rf punch 500.2 color is black its about 5 or 6 years old

for my interiors i was going to use a rf punch 200.4 same thing balck in color 5 or 6 years old

1 is that amp good enough for my subs or should i get one with more watts. before i found this post i was looking at this amp http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/ez...er%20Amplifiers

would this be over kill for the two subs?

2 should i just stay with what i got?

this is what both amps look like

hey guys this looks like a good place to post

sorry not trying to hijack just had a question about the same subs

my setup

2000 dodge dakota club cab

2 12" alpine type r q logic box

front doors http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1069302293654

rears http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1099388651338

deck is a pioneer deh 7600 i belive

sub amp rf punch 500.2 color is black its about 5 or 6 years old

for my interiors i was going to use a rf punch 200.4 same thing balck in color 5 or 6 years old

1 is that amp good enough for my subs or should i get one with more watts.  before i found this post i was looking at this amp http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/ez...er%20Amplifiers

would this be over kill for the two subs?

2 should i just stay with what i got?

this is what both amps look like

598160[/snapback]

I'm not sure what the exact specs are for your subs or amp but i think you subs are 500W RMS. If that is so, and you amp can put out 500W RMS x 2, then you are set. However your best bet would be to get a 1000W amp at 2 ohms so it will run each sub at 500W. You may even be able to push it a little higher depending on the quality of the subs. I'm pushing my JL which is 400W at about 500W.

Antitrust, if I do get those subs what amp would you recommend??

also im looking into the "punch" by Rockford Fosgate these ones

598090[/snapback]

Well when I was shopping around for my subs I had originally looked for an amp that was around 600 watts RMS at 4 ohms, but later found out they could be wired for 2 ohms so that'd make the 600 watt RMS amp be 1200 watts RMS at 2 ohms. The amp I bought was a JBL GTO1201.1 for $375, which is about 1117 watts RMS at 2 ohms. It was just about the best deal I found for power to price ratio. Right now I'm running the one 1242D off one of the channels from the amp and I'm definately buying a capacitor this week because it's a ton of power.

Also, I've heard those punch subwoofers as well and they're not as good as the Alpines.

Edited by AntitrustSpider

dude get a kicker L5 12" and a Kx600.1 amp. or if u want 2 Kicker L5 12" get a mbquarts 1000.1 amp. wire them for 1 ohm, and if u only get one, wire it for 2 ohm (get the 4-ohm subs for both)

599452[/snapback]

Best Buy doesnt carry Kicker

order on ebay, nothing else. never order from crutchfield, too expensive. dont get from store, crappy brands. just ebay.

600838[/snapback]

Yeah, Cruthfield will take your credit card and violate it. Ebay is good, Ive gotten some car audio equpiment off of there, but you really have to know what your looking for. Again, all three of the sites listed below I have personally used and would recommend if you choose not to go with BBY

www.ikesound.com

www.thezeb.com

www.woofersetc.com

Good luck!