Would A Kind Coder Make The Following Simple App?

OptikaliLLusion

Okay, so I was wanting an app that when I execute it it ends the processes that I list in it, then starts them back up when I tell it to. It could be a list I type in once or it can be in the code itself, whatever. I need it to end the following processes (and start) when I push the appropriate button:

googletalk.exe

ctfmon.exe

Konfabulator.exe

GoogleWebAccWarden.exe

GoogleWebAccClient.exe

daemon.exe

hpztsb10.exe

GoogleDesktop.exe

aolsoftware.exe

MsgPlus.exe

aim6.exe

You can just use a simple batch file with comands in it... you'll need the actual service name as listed in the Services MMC.

net stop <service name> to stop the service.

net start <service name> to start it back up.

I'll use Automatic Updates.... since it is easy. The service name is "Automatic Updates". You'll need quotes if the service has a space in it.

net stop "Automatic Updates"

net start "Automatic Updates"

You can just use a simple batch file with comands in it... you'll need the actual service name as listed in the Services MMC.

net stop <service name> to stop the service.

net start <service name> to start it back up.

I'll use Automatic Updates.... since it is easy. The service name is "Automatic Updates". You'll need quotes if the service has a space in it.

net stop "Automatic Updates"

net start "Automatic Updates"

574255[/snapback]

That's actually not really what he's asking for at all :P I might be able to try and hack something up for you, but i'm actually very busy recently. Eep. We shall see :)

Heh... thanks Markie

And I also want to figure out how a clean Windows install is what, 20 processes? Here are the things I know I have open:

Ventrilo-1 process

XFire-1 process

TKC-1 process

WirelessDrivers-3 processes

FreeRamXP-1 process

WindowBlinds-1 process

Yet even then that only totals up to around 28 processes, yet I have 55 or so open right now!