Raid 0 Step By Step Directions

automaton

step by step details are what im looking for to setup raid o on my msi kt3 ultra2-r mobo

ie.. i want to use existing drive and fdsk it o.k?

ie.. where when do i fdsk both drives connected to normal ide

then move to raid controller and put in bios

do i know have i found a storage guru or tutorial that answers my many questions

NOT

any help out :blink: there links mentors

Um, next time, it would be helpful is you posted in an understandable language... I will attempt to help you anyways. Okay, first, you will want to write zeros to both of your existing drives that you plan to RAID. just boot from a floppy that has a zero-writing program and write them. Then, once you have done that, connect the two drives to the channels the MoBo has setup for RAIDing. On mine, the channels are yellow, and at the bottom of the board. Make sure you have each drive on a seperate channel and IDE cable. Okay, now that you've done that, it's time to boot up your computer. When you boot up, select one of the boot devices as ATA133. Save changes, and restart. This time, pass the main BIOS, and wait for your computer to say something like "Searching for RAID drives or something." It should list a key for you to press to configure your RAID through the controller. Once you are in the thing, select "Create RAID array." Make sure you are creating a RAID 0 array, and not 1, or 0+1. Select the two drives that you want the RAID to use, and select the drive that you would like to boot from. Also, name your array (whatever you want). It should take about a second for the RAID to get setup. Now, save the changes and restart.

I am assuming you want to install windows, so go back into your BIOS, and select BOOT FROM CD. Your BIOS will make that change, and restart again. Press any key to boot from cd. Windows will do it's thing, and at the bottom of the blue screen, it will say press f6 if you would like to configure third party SCSI or RAID drivers. PRESS f6. (Your motherboard should have come with some type of floppy containing the RAID drivers on it... If not, be sure to get one on a floppy, because Windows will not accept anything on a cd). Choose the correct driver for the OS you're installing, and let windows do it's setup. It will have to format your RAID, which may take quite a bit of time, depending on how big it is. Windows will set up, and you should be done.... ENJOY

Hope this helped... Good Luck

-TiKi