Numerous Problems, Lcd / Dvd Drive

m0rphr3us

ok well ive been building a new computer and im having some problems..

first off my dvd burner isnt turning on with my current psu but will with my other psu. this sounds pretty simple and would probably be the psu im guessing? any other solutions rather then buy a new psu cuz the wires look fine to me at least and im not great with electronics

second.. i have a VLsystem LIS2 lcd screen.. the backlight isnt turning on so it is extremely dark and hard to read.. i was thinking maybe cuz of the psu.. same problem on my other psu. also checked the connector wire for it and everything seems fine. also theres nothing in the software about it so has anybody else had this problem??

my guess on both would be the psu on the first and a defective lcd screen but this is just sucking cuz there both new out of the box so...

A 500 Watt Power Supply should be more than enough to load up that system unless you have a surplus of parts you aren't mentioning and even there it would be rare. If it's a generic it could have a poor efficiency or the unit could simply be faulty out of the box. Did you try connecting a different optical drive to see if there was a difference in results?

With the LCD it just sounds like you are going to have to RMA it.

With your ps that dosn't work, is everything else working?

If it's just 1 molex it just might be a solder loose inside the ps, if it is just dont use that molex and buy a splitter, nothing should come of it. But if i were you i'd open it and check it out but there's the warenty problem.

With your LIS it just might be the led you'll have to replace it. Led are usually good for a very long while, but some arent and it's very difficult to know, that's why yours burnt out

If it's still under warenty send it back :(

With your ps that dosn't work, is everything else working?

If it's just 1 molex it just might be a solder loose inside the ps, if it is just dont use that molex and buy a splitter, nothing should come of it. But if i were you i'd open it and check it out but there's the warenty problem.

With your LIS it just might be the led you'll have to replace it. Led are usually good for a very long while, but some arent and it's very difficult to know, that's why yours burnt out

If it's still under warenty send it back :(

574057[/snapback]

thanks