Gaming Ram

I need to buy some new ram for my computer specs are PC3200 DDR400

right now i have 2x512mb value cosair, gonna give this ram to my bro sell it.

I need a good gaming ram set (2x512mb). these value cosair just dont hold their ends on bf2 stuck playing on medium settings and cant even play F.E.A.R. without lag.

so please help me out. I need a good gaming ram set of 2x512mb pc3200 ddr400. btw my mobo is Lanparty SLI-DR if that helps.

Might want to consider going from 1 GB to 2GB or 2 x 1024 Sticks, I think some good overclocking RAM are under the brand names of OCZ, G Skill and Mushkin. But for specific ones Im not sure.

then you think ill be fine with another pair of 2x512mb value cosair 2.5-3-3-8

or should i get new ram with a lower clock speed.

573396[/snapback]

Those latencies are not the tightest I have seen for 512 dimms but definately not horrible. I think you need 2 gigs. You can pick up some G.Skills 2(1GB)on New Egg with 2-3-2-5 timings for 213 Dollars.

Edited by Miami Dave

Definatly need more than 1GB with a 7800GT, and if that CPU is running stock, getting it to 2.3+ will help ALOT in FPS, until my 3000+ hits the 2.3 mark it's still bottlenecking the videocard, after that it seems more even.

1.5GB in the main rig atm until i can afford some decent 1GB stocks to repalce it, it allowed BF2 to be run max...but if i remember correctly the F.E.A.R MP demo ran fine with 1GB...