Older / Backdated Media Player Help!

jbarnes

Well I have a fresh format on my Amd K6-2 366, now shes on an 80gig seagate, 16mb pci viper card, with 256mb ram..

I got it running again so my mom could use ebay while I'm off to college with the main computer... as a side note I modded the case up real nice I'll have to get some pics later.. but the main problem I'm having is that I can't watch any movies or visual media

All the drivers are current, and I know this system is hardly a beast but I figure it should be able to run a simple movie! I think my problem is that I can't find any media players, winamp, quicktime, divx etc that are supported by this old of a system..

Anyone with any ideas or input please help! thanks in advance

:)

You also might want to check your CD/DVD collection. If you got a retail-boxed DVD player or halfway decent video card, either of them should have come with a set of players, both audio and video.

If you're running media player, I know it sometimes has issues getting the codecs it needsd, so you could always try downloading the codec package from MS: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsme...ecdownload.aspx

Thanks for the help.. I've got the video to show now, it's just extremely laggy, the sound is the right speed the video just isn't keeping up

I swear I've watched vids when I ran my 2mb onboard so I don't think the 16mb card should be a problem..maybe I'm wrong

and yes I'm using win98se sorry

Well I've decided it has to be the drivers, but the only ones I can find are from Diamonds site, and.. they suck

I've read that the Detonator 6.31 Drivers work well with this card, but can't find a download for a set that old lol,... any help?

Edited by jbarnes