Ahhh! It Crashes!

I've done the fan grille mod on my rig, but now it crashes after being on after about 30mins or so. Nothing wrong with it, as far as I can tell, except it shuts off, no errors, just cuts off. I tried to make sure all the metal filings were removed from the cutting.

Could it be the PSU? Or what is it most likely? Seems like it's on a timer to switch off, very consistently at 30mins or so. Only started after the mod.

Now I wish I never modded the stupid thing. :bah:

Umm, did you cut the grill with the parts still INSIDE the rig? If not, then you might want to check under the mobo. There might be a tiny piece of metal shorting out the board.

If you DID leave the parts in the rig while modding, then well, that was just stupid.....

Did you try using compressed air? That usually gets everything out. You might also want to check the standoffs and the back of the board. A small piece could be sticking to either of them.

Vacuums also work

533446[/snapback]

You have to be careful with vacuums, especially with hardware installed. You don't want it sucking a jumper or some loose capacitor off any parts, now do you?

Seems to be stabilising now, been up for a little over an hour now. Not been doing much though, I was watching a DVD when it kept crashing earlier.

EDIT: I think it's one of the cards or the mobo, cos it shut off right away when I loaded winamp. Took out the soundcard, blew it off, put it back in and the music plays.

Edited by Hyper Threaded