Is This A Good Deal?

ThunderChicken

Two 12 inch MTX 800 Watt Sub-Woofers

Solid wood enclosure box with 20 degree front tilt (Black with silver specs carpet)

Kenwood 480 Watt Amplifier

0.5 Farad Capacitor

In-Line RCA Audio/Bass Booster

would this be good for 200+ 40 install fee?

also what head unit would you guys recommend this is going into a '92 plymouth grand voyager.

Edited by ThunderChicken

that's a good deal...if everything works xD 

anyways...i love my pioneer deh-6700MP.  wonderful mp3/cd player for around $200USD retail.

528916[/snapback]

I have to agree, i love pioneer head units. I have a Pioneer DEH-740MP Premier Series. It's great... never really had any problems and its about 4 1/2 yrs old i think.

i pm'ed him because i wanted to know like how old/model numbers and stuff this is what he said...

Quote message

I bought all this stuff 3 years ago. I can't get any detailed info on it because I don't have it front of me. But I can tell you the subs were $100/each when I bought them. The amp was $250+ new. The capacitor was $125+, and the in-line booster was $95. It's all brand name high quality equipment, even the cabling.

does that all sound right? again i dont really know much about car audio.

im gonna have to wait for next pay check to buy the head unit but will i be able to put in the stuff im getting and use it with my current stock head unit in my 92 grand voyager and then get a nice head unit when i have money? or would that be a bad idea?

I would recommend you get subs, but I dont know about putting both of those int he car. If your looking for good quality, use just one in a single enclosure and turn the gain on the amp down. for the best quality go with an Alpine or Eclipse head unit, and some memphis or MB Quart component speakers in the doors. Focal also makes a great component, but at 700+ for their good stuff, it is out of most people's price ranges. You can get the memphis speaks for about 250 online and you would be loving the sound out of those with a decent 50wx2 amp.

yea my first install was a bit tricky...but after about 125+ installs i thnk i've got the hang of it hehehe.

bionic...i have a 12" jl audio w6v2...and i love it...the frequency range on it is great, i've never had a problem with it "ruining higher frequencies" because i know what i'm doing lol. rarely i listen to rap on it, only when i'm tryin to impress people with it =) rock/techno stuff.

anyways, good luck thunder. if what you have in there right now is a single-deck radio/tape/cd player...then you should be fine and go right ahead. you'll need a wiring harness specifically for your vehicle. they're like $10us at circuit city. BUT if what you have in there is now a 1&1/2 deck or a DIN deck (double) you'll need what's called a TurboKit...it's basically a piece of plastic specifically for your vehicle that fits in where the deck goes and it has an opening that your single-deck cdplayer will go in =)

PLEASE don't screw anything up...if you're not sure of what you're doing during your install PLEASE pm me or someone else who atleast claims to know what they're doing hehe.

any questions AIM me at bluezbass86