Need Help With My Book

GuJuMaN89

ever since my mom had a brain tumor, ive had ALOT of time to sit around, so i started writing a a book: Guide to the Fundamentals of Computers

it will cover all the basics of how to build a computer, what parts to get, what brands. ive allready got alot done on it, i would liek some FACTS not opinions about major brands etc.. from u guys.

also, if u guys have any ideas on how to get the money for a publisher lol, throw me some ideas, cuz the publisher charges around $2k

Putting to shame that stupid girl who tried to make that disk, good job.

No opinions as of yet, but just save up try doing alot of extra work, ull get it if u try hard enough.

Asus tends to be lesser for overclocking.

DFI motherboards are aimed more for enthusiasts, but some have had known memory compatability issues.

The Pentium processor series does better with multi-tasking and general home use, while single core AMD processors tend to do better with games.

Dual core processors are not needed unless you're using multi-threaded applications ALOT.

The Pentium processor series does better with multi-tasking and general home use, while single core AMD processors tend to do better with games.

522286[/snapback]

actually KB that's not correct. the intel chips tend to do better in file encoding and conversion than the AMD's. the AMD's on the other hand actually multi task better.

now for the pop quiz of the day KB. why?

I bet you can find your answer by searching :)

actually KB that's not correct.  the intel chips tend to do better in file encoding and conversion than the AMD's.  the AMD's on the other hand actually multi task better.

now for the pop quiz of the day KB.  why?

I bet you can find your answer by searching :)

522288[/snapback]

*is Searchus Buttonus Impaired*

Can I take a guess?

Ummm... uuuuuh...

Hyperthreading?

*bows head in shame*

nope... it's okay KB

here's a little lesson.... something the pink site bozo left out, and hopefully can help others

Intel = like someone with OCD. it will keep pounding on the same thing over and over again till it's done. and it doesn't take to interuptions well at all. why? longer pipelines.

AMD = is like someone with severe ADD. it will bounce from one thing to the next very quickly. why? shoter pipelines.

Yay, terms I can understand for once!

So because of the shorter pipelines, AMD processors can multi-task better... yay! There goes that argument from that danged Intel fanboy at school.

"You just said that their [AMD processors] overall speed is slower, therefor they suck [compared to a P4]."

EDIT: Make my name Kamikaze_Badger/zSilver_Fox.

Edited by Kamikaze_Badger