What Cpu ?

powersurge

amd, intel and why ?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. amd, intel and why ?

• amd (cheaper then intel)
    • amd (bigger price/peformance ratio than intel)
    • amd (just love the TM)
    • amd (all the above reasons)
    • intel (more expensive than amd)
    • intel (lower temps then amd)
    • intel (more oc'able)
    • intel (just love the TM)
    • intel (all of the above reasons <<intel>>)
    • via (cyrix) --> because i am dirt poor.

More megahertz doesn't mean more raw power....

The Barton core Athlon XP's are gonna kick .. 333FSB, big L2 cache...it's gonna be equal to almost any P4!

BTW, i love your sig.

Quote from it...1.024Ghz DDR 400 (GEIL)...

You have RAM running at over 1 GHz?!! And only a 600 FSB? :withstupid:

(Also, even in the correct gig- measurement, .024 is not easy to get... I think you mean 1 GB)

(Sorry to everyone for starting what will be a fight, but he used the I'm With Stupid sign on me, and I know what I'm talking about...)

Sorry NO!! :bah: My amd 1800+MP 1.5ghz non overclocked womps on any P4 2.0ghz stcok machine. I've done the benchmarks and seen the difference myself, the same is true of Macs they have higher performace than P4's with lower clock speed.

Clock speed doesn't mean anything, only real world performance matters. AMD for the price is pound for pound a much better performer than any P4

period

j5

out

ps. this is even before i got my second processor before you bring that up from looking at my specs.

some results

conclusion:AMD's triumph took us all by surprise, and it didn't last long. In any case, the Athlon XP 2600+ could outperform the Intel P4/2533 in numerous benchmark tests. Now, Intel sends its P4/2800 into the fray. In this situation, the AMD processor takes the lead in only one of the benchmark disciplines, namely, 3D rendering under Cinema 4D XL R7. In all other categories with different applications, the P4 tops the Athlon XP.

Once again, Intel wages war on AMD, fighting to attain the fastest desktop CPU. AMD is sure to launch the Athlon XP 2800+ soon (in October at the latest), so that it will be able to keep close on the heels of its arch-rival. Intel has also made preparations of its own, with the P4/3066 up its sleeve.

At any rate, the real winner is the ambitious end user, who will be able to choose between the P4/3066 and the Athlon XP 3000+ by the time Christmas rolls around. Both the successor to the P4 and the AMD Hammer won't be available until next year.

well i have to agree, AMD is better in 3d things, but for the rest, intel is just a little better ;)

oh and DEVIL sorry for the :withstupid: sign , i thought the difference would be bigger ;)

greeetz

before i had a tbird 900mhz and after that a tbird 1300mhz, i went the intel way because of its name basically, my first intel was a disaster a p4 1.5ghz slower than mine 900mhz tbird, but instead of going back to amd i gave intel a second try and bought a 2.2a pretty good (better than before) and in the future i am thinking about buying a 2.4b or faster! :rolleyes:

let me make this simple!

if you need a cpu go amd <_<

i just got my 2200+ athlon xp, i have been using intel all my life and it was a mistake

i have a 2.6Ghz P4 and an AMD 2200+ xp i did the benchmarks and guess what the amd won

i didnt belive it