Which Hsf For My 3000+

Gir

i was planning on getting this one, but lemme know what u guys think are the best

Zalman CNPS7700-Cu CPU Cooler

http://www.xoxide.com/zalman-7700-cu-cpu-cooler.html

here is a link to some other hsf

http://www.xoxide.com/amdcpucooler.html

i don't care how loud it is, fan noise is not a problem, i will be using this hsf when i upgrade my cpu ifn the future, thnx

i also just noticed most fans say 3200+ and up, is it a weight issue or what's the deal

Edited by Gir

The XP-90C is the best, but the XP-120 and the 7700cu come in a close 2nd (they pretty much tie) I persoanally love my 7000cu it and the reg XP-90 cool very closely, now when you factor in the fans for the XP series it seems that the Zalman's are usually the better deal.

i really like the zalman, it big and heavy (9xx grams or something, it's pure copper) and has that 120 fan, i do plan on putting a higher cfm fan on it though

im pretty sure the zalman is going on my order but i dunno yet, thnx 4 the help

I think you can't change the fan on a zalman cooler it built into the heatsink.

507495[/snapback]

maybe so, but one of the reviews on newegg a guy said he changed his out for a 109cfm fan, but it definatley looks built into it, if i can't cange it no big

maybe so, but one of the reviews on newegg a guy said he changed his out for a 109cfm fan, but it definatley looks built into it, if i can't cange it no big

507498[/snapback]

I guess he did some modding to the heat sink or he does not know what he is talking about or trying to fool somone.

i guess i woulnd tknow until i got my hands on it, i've been looking for a place that sells the zlman 9500 but no luck yet

edit: it comes out july 22nd, i might wait and pick it up when it comes out, i wanna read some reviews about it first, and depends on pricing but it looks good right now

Edited by Gir

You might want to check into the Thermaltake Big Typhoon, It rund just a few degrees warmer than my water cooling setup on the same rig, but then you'll have to deal with all the yuppies saying "you have a what, Thermaltake junk on your rig. I'm still running one on my second rig and I'm extremely happy with it. And if you get the optional VR fan, it cooles even better................;)