Getting Poor Sound Quality With My Audigy 2 Value

gg_Malkavian

I really don't know what's going on with my sb0400 (sound blaster audigy 2 Value)... When I first installed it I had a very good sound with depth and everything but recently I tried to update my sound card driver and I really believe I've lost some sound quality somehow... In fact right now I'm using my onboard sound just to give you an idea on how disappointed I am with my new sound card sound.

I believe that reinstalling the driver from the factory cd could help but I lost it :mad: .

Can anyone help me??? I really don't know much about hardware and especially about sound cards... :(

I really don't know what's going on with my sb0400 (sound blaster audigy 2 Value)... When I first installed it I had a very good sound with depth and everything but recently I tried to update my sound card driver and I really believe I've lost some sound quality somehow... In fact right now I'm using my onboard sound just to give you an idea on how disappointed I am with my new sound card sound.

I believe that reinstalling the driver from the factory cd could help but I lost it  :mad: .

Can anyone help me??? I really don't know much about hardware and especially about sound cards...  :(

502542[/snapback]

Did you completely remove the old driver before installing the new one?

uninstall the product and remove all creative entries from the registry / uninstall software. then try again.

For better sound quality do all this then install the KX audio driver (google it) or PAX audio driver. KX if you listen to music, PAX if you game.

If you listen to music get the Upsampling fix on the winamp site.

http://winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=144826

It fixes the scaling issue that the DAC's on the audigy 2 series have.

When you update your drivers, the settings go back to default. I hope you knew this.

Go into AudioHQ and configure the treble & bass to appropriate levels until you get good crisp sound. I think your supposed to go into mixer to change these settings.

I hope this isn't the solution because I'm lmfao if it is.

If you listen to music get the Upsampling fix on the winamp site.

http://winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=144826

It fixes the scaling issue that the DAC's on the audigy 2 series have.

502545[/snapback]

That plugin actually makes things sound slightly crapper for me, even though it says it's supposed 'to get the best from any highend soundcard'. Oh well!