Socket 5 CPU

RaTeD-R

Anybody got a socket5 CPU, or Cpu/MoBo combo?  Or something you would want to trade for my socket 5 MoBo w/ broken P100 processor?  Let me know if interested, Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

I have an intact NEC Ready9616 PC Complete with a small 2-3 Gig HD and a Socket 5 120 or 133 Intel Pentium...I believe it even has a 2mb onboard Video chip(nothing impressive but it works..) a 4x (I think) CD-rom and a floppy drive. If you like I can even try installing Win98SE on it. I'll let you have the whole kitten Kabootle for $40.00 plus S+H. If intrested, send me your address so I can calculate the shipping. The entire unit works, but currently has no OS installed. Reply in the forum or E-mail me directly at [email protected] and put "Socket5 NEC" in the subject line... I'll be glad to hook you up.

I can put Either OS on it...Win98 or Red Hat Linux 7.2. It even has a 4mb 3D pci video card in it. Only drawback is, it's mostly an ISA board. For an even $50 I can throw in a modem or network card or both...yer choice. I'd just like to see it find a good home. I have no use for it other than as a test bed for peripheral cards, and I have a faster machine to do that with now, so it's just going to waste. If there's someone out there who would use it, I'll set it up as phat as I can for an even $50 +s/h. E-mail me if intrested.

Oh btw....It's a Pentium 120mhz chip with 64mb Ram and a 2.1Gig Seagate HD. With all the stuff I can put in it, it wouldn't be a bad PC for $50. Particularly running Linux. It would probably make a great Linux Firewall box. It was a pretty stout box in it's day. :rolleyes: