Radom Shutdown + Problems

Blue_cow

I was just online a few minutes ago and my computer randomly shut down. Not reboot, shut right down. I reached over and hit the power button, and it didnt turn on. So i turned off the powersupply for a few seconds, turned it back on, then turned on the computer. It boots up fine, but no internet. So im a little panicky. I decide to reboot, and i do, log back on, once again, internet wasnt working, i go talk to my mom, come back, internet's working. I have know idea what happened, anybody know what could've caused that? Did i get hacked or something? Or did my computer overheat? Help!

Check the System event viewer, look for errors that correspond to the date and time at which you had it.

Then google the Error code and other identifications.

should help.

Maybe power went out for a fraction of a sec? And then you router/dsl modem/wifi thingy/pancake shut off, causing no internet until it got itself working again. (those things take a while to turn back on right) Did you check any of those after your pc turned off? I dunno, thats what happened once to me thats why im syaing this. ^_^

Well I think i have figured it out possibly. Ok this is telling you my whole day basically. i got up went to school got home went on computer, this happened ^^^, Then because i couldnt get on the internet, i was bored, so i called up rogers and got g4techtv, watched that, and suddenly, it crapped out. So i called rogers and apparently my whole city is having power problems. So. At like 10pm, im kindof bored, so i order a movie, while on the phone they say "There's no time guarrenty for your delivery due to power problems". So. What im thinking is that, like snipe said, the power might have gone off for like 1/10th of a second and turned my comp off. Anyway im back online now with no problems. Thanks for your help guys :)