Does My New Laptop Get Your Approval?

ravix

I just ordered my graduation present:

dell i6000D, 1.86m, 1 gig 533mhz, 80gb hard drive, WSXGA+ 15.4" screen, ati x300 128mb video

I ordered the RAM seperately from newegg, to insure I'm getting the good stuff, and I will soon replace the dell hard drive with a 7200rpm 60gb, then use the original as external storage.

I used the $800 off $2000+ coupon from dell, and overall I spent $1500. I don't think that is bad considering the specs. I'll recieve the laptop in a couple weeks, at which time I'll be sure to post a pic or two.

edit: this is a longshot, but does anyone else have the i6000 that would like to recommend a carrying case for it? I tried searching for "6000 case" at the notebook forums, but I didn't seem to find much.

Edited by ravix

Guest Jeremy

Well Dell offers this cool little case that fit all their laptops, though from what I remember its a little pricey.

I got it, and it really seems to zip around in windows, and can hold its own in most games. I didn't get it as a desktop replacement (my desktop is still better), but its still nice to have portability.

Thanks for the input.

pfft. I'll never buy a dell desktop, but I don't mind building a prebuilt laptop, because, frankly, building one is rediculous. The price is right for a dell, so whats wrong with it?

Nothing hopefully... I have a Dell laptop and it has had a ton of problems (hardware) so it wasn't even my fault. I have an Inspiron 9100 (heavy brick). Hopefully yours works out better, I bought a Dell because everybody gave their laptops good reviews, there's not much you can do about laptops just have to buy a prebuilt. Anyway, your laptop does have some nice specs!

thats cool. i'm thinking of getting a dell laptop cuz they have a nice small one that i want. a 700m. im like you... im not looking for power cuz thats what my desktop is for. i'm looking for portable internet cruising and chatting and stuff like that haha.

I have a dell, and a compaq...my dell is an inspiron 3800 and its fast for something with 128mb ram, and P3 700. now my compaq is close to being really fast, once the 1 gig of ram, and 7200 hd in it should be a screamer and the battery life with my compaq is rated #1 by mobile pc mag...7:20 on one charge full bore running. great.

7:20 on one charge? If that's true, that's a new record. I have a Fujitsu Lifebook, P-M 1.7Ghz (Dothan) with a 13" screen and even that only gets 4:30 on a full charge. Sounds like PC Mag might be lying to you a bit about 7:20, or it might be including a second battery...