Windowsxp Expanding/shrinkins Screen.....fix?

BlaineBug

How Do you stop Windows XP from expanding or shrinking the screen every time you open or close an application or game?

I've noticed this on about 99% of the computers I've been on using Windows XP Home or Pro.

Only problem for me is, that although it appeared those other monitors could handle the resizing and shrinking of the windows, my monitor cannot keep a setting (through the settings set with the buttons on the monitor) because everytime I start up windows my monitor usually has the desktop streatched way too big and stuff starts to get covered up because it goes past the viewing area.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Anyone know a fix?

BTW My monitor is a ViewSonic E90FB and I explained this problem to them, they had me send the monitor back in for a replacement, however the problem still persists (definately a Windows problem, now)

change ur display settings, then soft restart.  Hard restarts dont save the res settings.

460880[/snapback]

I am not talking about resolution.......But you know on your monitor how you can change the settings to have it taller or wider? Those settings do not save for me because Windows widens/expands and shortens/shrinks my screen a tiny bit (from the sides) everytime a full screen application is opened/closed.

YEah I do it exactly.....

But do you have the thing where your desktop size slightly increases when you open, say, internet explorer and then it slightly decreases back to the origional size when you close internet explorer?

Like I've said I've noticed this on at least 6 computers running Windows XP pro or Home.