Boot Up Problem On New Build

alright, heres my problem, I have just gotten all my stuff and within 2 hours everything was put together, HSF is on, PCI-E card installed. 80GB SATA drive, and 512 MB of ram installed after a little difficulty getting it in.

Heres the problem, It starts up, but then beeps once, then again and so on and so on, no video though. Any thoughts? its sort of a long beep, lasts a second.

sounds like a hardware error....only beeps when theres somethin rong test ur periphals in other comps see wuts workin wuts not then ship back the stuff thats not right

check the seating of the cpu make sure its all the way in there good and tight and same with others make sure none of ur wires are grounding out and stuff too

thats the problem, this stuff is so new, it doesnt work in the other computers, :( The odd thing is when pulling the pin down for the socket it squeaks, pins looked fine, but it didnt do it the first time

Guest Poopsicle Boy

call the companies for the products you own and do all the steps they take you through and see if they tell you to RMA something or if somethings not plugged in correctly and that should solve your problem.

Guest Poopsicle Boy

unplug ur keyboard and plug it into the new system, not so hard...

my mom's using it.

Update: found out the problem, its my ATI X300 :( I took it out, no beeps. I have another video card (PCI) and want to put it in and see what happens. going to get customer support with Sapphire (I was SURE I didnt buy a Sapphire card) I was installing the CD Music cable I was bumping around with the video card and may have bent a big round thing a little, I dont think that would break the entire video card, Oh well, If I can't get it fixed Ill RMA it :(

Edited by Sovek