Help Me Overclock My Amd 2800 Barton Chip!

I have a Soyo kt600 dragon motherboard. I think it is the plus model (low grade model). Anyways hopefully it is good with overclocking cause I want to jack my speed up on my 2800+ barton cpu.

Right now I read...

CPU is 45 deg C internal and 37 deg C external

Chassis is 30 deg C (Is this North bus? It has heatsink and fan...)

2.07 GHz

Vcore is 1.64V and not changable :( (how can I change it?)

Ram 400 mhz with heatsink

msi 5900 128mb DDR core is @ 390 mhz stock heatsink

FSB is 166 (goes up to 199)

I have a great case with an 120mm in front and two 80s in back with a cheap 550 watt power supply plus a coolermaster cpu heatsink. Any help on what you would do with this information on hand would be helpful! I know I should raise the vcore by .025V when im unstable, but I dont know how to!?!?

PLEASE HELP! Thanks! ;)

it has a via chipset... :( I knew there was something wrong with it cause I should have more control over the stuff...Thanks for your input! Maybe there is a bios update that will unlock crap? keepem coming!

Edited by Blue Dragon

Soyo motherboards are not OC'ing boards by any means. As mentioned, you have a KT600 chipset which no AGP/PCI locks. As soon as you get over 40 MHz on your PCI BUS, expect lockups to occur. The only things that make them nice are the benchmarks at stock settings and the Platinum color PCB. Other then that, they aren't worth paying the premium for.

Whats a color pcb? I have an associates in electronics and computer systems and I dont know what that is...lol Well, gotta break down and ask I guess!

459440[/snapback]

PCB is the silicon board that the traces/bus are all connected on.

it stands for "Printed Circut Board"