Fc3 Running Perfectly!

BiPolar

I got my canon i860 printer to work using turboprint(might buy the high-res driver now)...got my epson 3170 scanner to work via workaround I found, got samba working. Everything works wonderfully now.

I think I might make the switch to Linux completely now!

Good for you!

Personally, I don't think I can ever make the switch entirely, since I play too many DX-based games that I can't run on Linux.

BUT...if/when a distro is released that emulates DX9.0c, I Am There.

For now, though, I just use Linux to surf the Web, edit photos in GIMP, and run my firewall.

well, i'm still going to keep an XP partition for gaming, but Linux will be my main system now. I think i'm gonna spend the $30 on turbo print and the $40 for crossover office so I can run some apps I still like (adobe acrobat, powerpoint, etc.). I know openoffice has a presentation proggy, but It just isn't as good, nor is it the standard that I need.

SO, now all i have to do is start repartitioning my hard drive, reinstall linux on my sata drive, get my files moved over to a linux partition. Lots of work, but I think it'll be worth it.

Guest Jeremy

I'm plannin on installing FC3 too, once I get around to downloading it. Would you reccomend it as a good n00b distro?