New Mobo

well i've ordered my DFI mobo last saturday from new egg an its monday so i can't wait to get it.dude building an customizing things makes me all excitied an what not,can ya'll fell me.an i'm not rushing anything either just going with the flow an having fun with it :bah:

well i've ordered my DFI mobo last saturday from new egg an its monday so i can't wait to get it.dude building an customizing things makes me all excitied an what not,can ya'll fell me.an i'm not rushing anything either just going with the flow an having fun with it    :bah:

430820[/snapback]

so what are you building? oc right off or wait?

i'm yes i'm building for a oc but i'm gonna get it all together first then the testing will come as soon as the builds done , but then again i think i'm gonna wait for a lil to let it cycle{some post i read}

well i can't list spec yet till i'm finished with the rig, ok guys finnaly got the mobo from new egg YAY lol ,anyway got some questions maybe u could answer for me,

1.my came with audio jack for "headphones" so i wonderin ,where would i plug that in on my board? audio or internal audio connectors? im guessing but umm where?

2.whats the IrDA connectors for?

3.whats the FDD connector for?

4.what is the difference between IDE-5 an IDE-P? if it helps i'm going to be running SATA RAID for my hard drive

5. what are S/PDIF in\out jacks for?

well if u guys could answer me i'd be thankful for u're help

3. FDD = Floppy Diskette Drive

4. If you're setting up a SATA RAID config then it doesn't matter what IDE-5 and IDE-P are..but if I knew I'd tell you. :)

Dunno about the other stuff.

The manual that comes with the motherboard explains what all those connectors are for. :closedeyes:

yea it does but doesn't really give a the info i need on it .i need it so i figure out where the hell my front case headphone jack is plugged into,its buggin the crap outta me...., also something new i found out today after work is that if don't have a floppy drive on my rig i'm not gonna need the cable so i got my internal zip drive in it an i think it by far will have more use than a floppy drive {unless i just have to use it for something or another} but to me thats a plus just because it less cables in the way of my front intake fan ,thusly better air flow.