Epox 9nda3+ Vcore Idle Drooping

Just now noticed this one while trying to lower the voltage on my ~2.45GHz 1.6v overclock. I lowered it from 1.60v to 1.55v and it primed good for around 10 minutes, so I restarted and tried to lower a bit more, to 1.45v, but it blue screened before windows. Tried 1.55v again, blue screened before windows. WTF! So, yeah, it's about a 0.03v droop from idle to load. Load is pretty good, 1.575 switched between 1.568v and 1.584v or something. Quite happy with that, but straight after I turned off prime just now it dropped to 1.53v, which isn't good!!

So, anyone else (r_target?) noticing this one? There's a mod that I think I might do that's supposed to fix this. It involves removing one of those little resistors and replacing it with a 5k pot though :(

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showth...ed=1#post646544

But with this mod I think I might be able to get it down to 1.55/1.525v stable so it might well be worth it IMO :rolleyes: You think so??

EDIT: Actually, I could probably pencil mod that couldn't I? Think I might well have to go give that a quick go :) I shall be back with results as soon as I find me a pencil :D

Droop is when the vcore goes down under load, not when you're idle. The situation you're decribing doesn't sound like a problem to me. What I'm seeing if anything, is that the vcore steps up a little bit under 100% load. My idle is what I set in BIOS, and my load goes up about .02v from that.

If it was sagging under load instead of increasing, that might be something to worry about.

Hmm, well it's very odd. Maybe it's a 3+ problem only (they have different vcore things or something?) My load is pretty much what I set it, but when idle it drops really badly. ~1.575v under load and only 1.536/1.520v idle! That's not right... Pencil didn't seem to work, so I guess i'll have to replace that resistor :(

Well, I read that the 2.1 boards have a different chip.. from that link actually!

I know there are already EP-9NDA3+ related threads, but Rev2.1 board has

another Vcore contoroller --- SC2643VX.

SC2643VX is also used on A8N-SLI, so I think this mod may help

A8N-SLI users---including me

I'll try A8N-SLI Vcore-mod soon later

So it's probably just the 9nda3+ v2.1 boards affected I guess. Wonder if any A8N-SLI users (any here???) have the same problem. The picture says the mod fixes the 'load/unload state' vcore droop, so I assume it fixes the issue I am having. Time to steal back the hot glue gun from my crazy technician at Uni me thinks :) Or.. find a better pencil.. maybe.. but I don't think a pencil will lower the resistance enough?

EDIT: Oh and thanks for replying to all my threads so far :D You must be getting pretty fed up of me by now B)