Most Reliable Dvd Burners?

Ste

That is usually what you are paying for anyway is the box, software, cables, and other garbage. The Samsung 16x DL was just incorporated into our prebuild setup recently and I will concur that it does work good. Hmm, just found out something as well. The PX-716A doesn't write to -R DL media till the firmware comes out next month while the DVR-109 does for $30-$40 less.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

bestbuy... after reading that article on how their coustomers are the devil, I won't shop there anymore!

I love liteon drives, I've had 2 of them for about 3 years and I haven't had any problems with them!  Plextor is soooooooo expensive but I've heard nothing but good about them so...

426073[/snapback]

That article was crap, written by an uninformed New York Times writer! Best Buy has training that is completely based upon satisfying and educating every customer.

sony = lite on, like bigred said

but for DVD drives, Lite on is not top of the line, go with the Plextor, that's about as good as it gets

I also have an NEC (You can get those rebadged) and NECs are good too.

i would still say the liteon and nec are the best, but that is just my preference. in reality any of these drives we are talking about are very good. it comes down to how much you want to pay. but still if they all perform the SAME i dont see why you would spend more when you dont have to. its just a name brand thing that sticks to your head and you end up thinking something is better based on just that.