Sleeving W/ Sata

Ok, I got a new PSU in and I got some sleeving coming in. The problem is, is that the PSU has SATA connectors. With my old PSU, it didn't have any, and sleeving was a breeze. But for this new PSU, I have no clue how to take the SATA connectors off. The only option I see is to actually cut the wires then solder and heatshrink them back together. But I would like that to be a last-resort kind of thing. Anyone got any ideas as to how to take the SATA connectors off?

Use an icepick or jeweller's screwdriver to push down through the slots on the bottom of the SATA plugs; this compresses the clips and the wires can then be removed.

Don't forget which order the wires were originally in, though!!

16.JPG

??? Thats not how my SATA connectors are made. They dont have any slots or anything like that in which I can push some pins. Its like the whole SATA connector was molded around the wires and was meant to never come off. Ill take a picture in a little bit.

have u tried sleeving a PSU before? If you have, you should realize that stretching the sleeving over a whole connector would fray the sleeving very badly (suggesting that ur not using sleeving 4 times too big)

Here's a pic of the sata connector:

cutting the wires and resoldering them in line with some very small heatshrink would probably be the easiest way if you are handy with a soldering iron...

i have the moulded sata connectors on my psu aswell, i actually pulled the flat sides away from the cable a bit to kinda break the bond between the rubber mold and the wires, then i used a scalpel knife to cut down the "seams" along either side (you can see them) and peeled either side off... then i carefully peeled each wire out, put the sleeving/tape/heatshrink in place and then re-constructed the sata connector using superglue, a mini-vice, and a lot of patience and swearing...

probably not the easiest way :lol: but it looks exactly the same as it did before, it works, and i didn't have to buy any extra connectors... if my camera at the time was working i would definitely taken some pictures...