Weird Mx510.

martymcfly

i ordered an mx510 from newegg and got it a week ago. I would have posted about this earlier, but i forgot :). I decided after using it for a little while to try removing the weight. I didnt think it was too heavy, but what would I know. There was no weight! Maybe this is not really an mx510? or tampered with? it was sealed. Also, when a high dpi mouse is plugged in, should it move fastr than a regular mouse without the setings at max. I have read that best performance comes from setting speed to max in windows and lowest in games, but i need to set hl2 to 7.0 sensitivity for it to be fast. Is there something wrong with my mouse?

I personally haven't tried taking a look inside my 510, but I CAN tell you that the mouse is much more sensitive to use at the same settings as a lower DPI mouse. It's definitely a lot more responsive, and moves at the slightest touch. Sometimes I put something on my RatPadz mousepad and the cursor moves on the screen.

I personally haven't tried taking a look inside my 510, but I CAN tell you that the mouse is much more sensitive to use at the same settings as a lower DPI mouse. It's definitely a lot more responsive, and moves at the slightest touch. Sometimes I put something on my RatPadz mousepad and the cursor moves on the screen.

412641[/snapback]

on full sensitivity, how many inches do you need to move the mouse to go from the left of the screen to the right?

The MX310's use an RFI reducer, but the MX510 doesn't.

Why not? Different wire thicknesses, better shielding, and shorter length.

BTW, just experiment with your mouse speed settings; dial it in to where you are happy with it.

There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it.

BTW, this MX310 moves just less than 2" to go side-to-side on my 19" monitor at 1280x1024 res.