Wtt:my Gaming Rig For Your Gaming Laptop.

Catsonar

Hi,

I'm looking for a Dell 9100 b/c i'll be headed off to the Navy and need portability now since i'll be in the barrack and space is an issue. I have a gaming rig currently that is composed of the following:

AMD A64 3000+ Winchester @ 2.5

Thermalright XP90 with 90mm Sunan fan.

Epox EP-9nda3+ ultra mobo

Gigabyte x800XT

PQI PC3200 1GB 2-2-2-5

SB Audigy 5.1

CD Burner 48x32x48

DVD Drive 16x

Antec True Power 480watt PSU

Antec SLK5700-BQE case

Raptor 36GB 10,000 RPM Drive.

FLoppy

and a 20" CRT monitor by Silicon Graphics. Everything works great and is ready to go.

Estimate for a system like this was just over $1300.

I'm looking for a laptop that has a GFX card no lower than a 128mb 9700 mobility. I would like to trade for a Dell 9100. PLz let me know cause i have very little time left before I head out to boot Camp in Great Lakes. Thx guys

You will have NO use of a laptop during BASIC, unless it has changed that much in 15 years.

The only personal items I was allowed to keep was a small Bible and my wallet.

I went to BASIC at the Naval Training Command, San Diego CA in 1990.

My brother went through basic and he wasn't even allowed to bring his own glasses or contacts, the military owns you now  :huh:

385819[/snapback]

I totally forgot about the glasses!

OMG that was so funny, standard issue "BC" glasses...

The BC stands for Birth Control.

Think Ashley Banfield but in light brown HEAVY plastic.

found a pic.

:lol:

Edited by Duke Atreides

Hey guys,

First of all, I was not going to take the laptop to basic training.The laptop was for after i graduated from BC, i would have my parents bring it with them to graduation. Anyway glad to see that other's here have served as well. Haha, nice pic. Just want to let you know that i found a laptop over at Hardforum, it a titanium ibook, then i'll trade that for a Dell 8600. Need to stick with windows so i could sync the PDA. Speaking of which, were Cd player or Walkmen allowed

Edited by Catsonar

• 2 weeks later...

dont have any thing but after basic and ait youll need a laptop to deploy i was in iraq and wished i had something put youre giving up a lot for that rig OOoo good look and get out soon hahaha iraq sucks big balls