Windows Server Script File Problems

RimX

Hello

Like the title says. I'm having problems with script files running off win2000 server. It's a vb script file and it is supposed to run when the user logs onto the domain. The script file itself runs. But when I set it up to run on logon. It just doesn't go. Any ideas why? I cant figure it out. Thanks for any help you can provide.

have you implemented Active Directory? If you havn't I would suggest it. If you have, check in the group policy you are using to run the script. There are settings you have to turn on depending on the type of script you run.

Before we brave the treacherous waters of Active Directory, the login section of a user properties is designed to run scripts that are stored in the sysvol\scripts directory. To be honest, I have never tried to run a vbscript from here before, I only create .bat files to execute for various purposes. The sysvol directory is available to all authenticated users of a network. It is here that any script you want run should be stored. If you installed server as default the path would be c:\winnt\sysvol make sure the script is in there and have the user log in again to make sure it runs.

A good idea would be to learn about Active Directory as it is the core of Windows 2000 and 2003 Networks.

Let me know how it works