Anyone Out There With Amd Unlocking Experience?

JoJo

After realizing i have a locked CPU multiplier, I have come aross some interesting things after researching a solution to what I call a problem!

http://www.overclockercafe.com/Reviews/oth...Strip/index.htm

Just typing in the words 'unlocking AMD' in google brings up what seems to be many solutions so I am hoping someone can attest to this actually working. The above link is just one of the many things I have found. Has anyone done anything like this? One author of a site mentioned the CPU ID has to start with a special sequence in order for it to work, is this true? Any information on unlocking an AMD multiplier will be greatly appreciated.

Specs:

Athalon 2400+

1GB PC3200

Gigabyte Ga-7n400pro2

80GB Quad striped array 7200RPM HD's

DL9 dvd burner

PNY GeForce4 Ti-4800

Hercules Fortissimo III 7.1 audio

I think there was a cutoff on being able to do pencil mods and bridge jumper tricks to unlock them. The older your cpu is the greater chance you will have to unlock it. You can find lists on the net that tell you what month and batch certain chips starting being unlockable (similar to how intels are)

the older your cpu is the greater chance you will have to unlock it. You can find lists on the net that tell you what month and batch certain chips starting being unlockable

i'm editng your post

yah most or all xp made after week 32 of 2004 are locked or was it 2003

any who the stepping # tell you ,for example

mine is KIXJB0421APMW

thw 0421 mean that is is made week 21 of 04