Harddrive Problem

Psywar

Aight guys. need help with this one..

I got winXP up and running..

I want to connect my old 40 gig with all my mp3s.. games.. blah.. etc.. up to it.. and get all my stuff off.. but im getting an "E:\ is not accessable ACCESS DENIED"

My friend used to bring over his HD and i would popit in.. and blam it would pick it up and I could copy his files..

How come I cant do it now?

I really dont want to loose all my stuff so any help would be very nice :)

Was that drive encripted on a NTFS partition?

Are you Admin? (I mean.. Administrator, not one of the Admin users)

Try going into Disk Management (Control Pannel > Admin Tools > Computer Management > Storage > Disk Management) and import the old drive....

aight this is what I did.. I hooked it to my 2k box..

and I went in to what u said..

It sees the drive..

it even reocnizes it as "Psywar D:\"

but when I try to access it it says..

The system cannot find the device specifyed

Im like.. oh.. ok.. its right there!! why not..

It says the drive is online and everything..

please tell me u got more ideas?

yes.. its back on a 2k machine..

I managed to get access to it..

but it had like 1 mp3 album..

hexeditor.. and that was it..

Im running scandisk thing on it now.. cuz this is bull man.. Im gonna be pissed off it its all erased..

its showing I only used 187megs out of 19 gigs.. :(

danx man.. I got a lot of downloading to do :)

and I just got out of work.. at 7.. and I got school.. I need to go to bed.. so I am going to que like tons of mp3s lol..

l8rz thanks for the help0rz

aww dude that suX... my HD just blew, so now I'm down to 100GB :-\ It's the most irritating thing. I was getting delayed write failed messages, and then used the maxtor diag tool and it said my HD was broke...

Anyways, make sure the HD is NTFS. Also, if you go to Start->Setting->Administrative Tools->Computer Management->Disk Manager? Make sure your HD is not listed as anything like a "Dynamic Disk" That can screw you up... Also, if you have a motherboard that has a RAID controller, it is possible that when you hook your HD up to one of the ATA100/133 channels, your computer may not recognize it... try installing RAID drivers if your mobo came with them... I know it's not a RAID system or anything, but it's just an idea... I had a problem kinda like that once...

Oh yeah, also just for kicks, if you did that XP services speed up guide, you will need to turn Logical Disk manager or somehting like that back in under services