Problem With Vice City

IceAIM

Well I have GTA 3 for PC and it never did this. I played Vice City on PS2 at a friends house and it never did this.

It has to be some obscure bug, something very specific that's causing this.

Do you guys think that maybe this is the way the game is supposed to be? Seems kinda weird.

Has anyone called Rockstar about this?

Ill call tomorrow i need to do something about my play CD anyway...

btw lego nice sig/avatar

At first i thought it was my vid card, but it does it on my 6800GT as well, then i thought it was my sata HDD's, but then all of oyu have the same prob. I cant help apart from say that it has effected my game too. It gets vry disorientating, im driving along fast im meh bike, then i see water and i think im going to crash and and drown, swerve out the way, only for the texture to slowy appear and its just the road. It happens after a little bit of time of play mostly.

Well I have GTA 3 for PC and it never did this. I played Vice City on PS2 at a friends house and it never did this.

It has to be some obscure bug, something very specific that's causing this.

Apparently everyone has been telling me in another forum that if I turn off the frame rate limiter that it'll do this. So problem solved.

Is it normal for there to be a super short split second pause in the game when a brand new sound is played. (Such as some one something . to you on the street)

It's not very noticable and pretty slight, but it's there if you look hard. Am I the only one seeing this? Yes I defraged

Doh, I never liked having the Frame Limiter on, but i gave a whirl anyway. It caps the framerate (duh) but at 24 FPS!!!

Ack! 24FPS is not enough. Hmm, visual glitches or 24FPS? WTG Rock*...not

Doh, I never liked having the Frame Limiter on, but i gave a whirl anyway. It caps the framerate (duh) but at 24 FPS!!!

Ack! 24FPS is not enough. Hmm, visual glitches or 24FPS? WTG Rock*...not

Actually I found a better solution!

If you set GTA Vice City for "Windows 98" compatibility code, the problems goes away even with the frame rate limiter off!

You'd think they'd fix this with a patch or at least tell people to use compatibility mode. :rolleyes: