AMD 64 3400+

1 gig of 400Mhz DDR ram Crucial

Sapphire ATI X800 XT

Audigy 2.0

60 gig 7200 RPM Western Digital

120 gig 7200 RPM Western Digital

Monitor is a 21 inch samsung 213T LCD

Motherboard is a Gigabyte K8VNXP

I just installed Vice City and I noticed that sometimes there are graphical glitches in the game. Like blurry textures and sometimes polygons are missing, like there would be water on the roads or a wall is missing on the building. Sometimes it corrects itself and the missing polygon "fades" in.

Anyone have this problem or know how to fix it?

I have frame rate limiter off, set my distance to max, and am running at 1600x1200.

I know there is a patch that is supposed to fix graphical glitches. I tried it, and I still have that problem.

This is the only game where these kind of glitches happen so I know it's not my graphics card. :P

I have the EXACT same problem as you and that patch Rockstar has did nothing to correct it. I've had the same problem ever since the first day I bought Vice City.

It does it now and did it on my old system.

Old:

1.8Ghz P4

512mb ram

GeForce3 Ti 500

New:

2600+ Athlon XP-M @ 2.3Ghz

1Gb PC3200 Ram

5900SE --> Flashed to 5950

Had the same problem on the old one and my new comp. I even formatted and re-installed XP a few times on both my old and new one and same problem.

I have no idea what the heck causes this glitch but I've always had it in Vice City and no other game.

These screenshots will show what were talking about hopefully.

I'll drive up to my house and it's not lagging or anything. My HD isn't cranking like it's trying to load textures etc. I drive up, sit there and it looks like this:

before.jpg

Wait a few seconds as the traffic goes by and I'm twiddling my thumbs then the textures fade in.

after.jpg

I have no idea what could be causing this problem. I've tried every in-game setting different resolutions, almost everything I could think of, and it still happens. It really sucks because sometimes I'll be trying to escape from the cops or whomever and I'll suddenly go flying off my motorcycle because I hit an invisible light post that didn't even render yet. Half the street doesn't exist as I'm flying past, then suddenly boom! Some invisible bushes sends me hurling through the air. Highly annoying to say the least.

...Increase draw/view distance... BTW

I let my friend borrow myplay CD and now its the summer and he is changing schools... Could someone... help me out.. please? i am disprate i miss the game i have my CD case and install CD as proof i paid for the game.. maybe one of you could give me a ISO of the play cd? PLEASE

...Increase draw/view distance... BTW

I let my friend borrow myplay CD and now its the summer and he is changing schools... Could someone... help me out.. please? i am disprate i miss the game i have my CD case and install CD as proof i paid for the game.. maybe one of you could give me a ISO of the play cd? PLEASE

My draw distance is max.

In fact draw distance doesn't even seem to make a .king difference!!!

Got DX9c currently and the 61.77's for my 5900 still same prob. DX9b was the same, and it happened on my GF3 as well.

First I thought it might be an nVidia thing, but now ICE has the same prob and he's running an ATi uber card.

It has to be something with the game causing this. With cards ranging from a GF 3 to an x800XT having the same problem. From an early P4 to Athlon 64's, same problem. Intel mobo, Abit mobo, and Gigabyte mobo, same problem.

Something slipped by QA when it was ported over. Maybe it's luck of the draw, cuz if it was really wide spread with everyone I'm sure there would've been a patch for that. Maybe we just got borked copies of the game... :(

I'm running Windows XP, maybe it's an XP problem?