Thermal Tape?

any recomendations for the best conductor to your heat sink?? I use grease but when i tried to take off the heat sink, it pulled out the CPU :O scary stuff, even bent a pin, fortunatly i bent it back without breaking, I need something that conducts heat great but doesn't form a bond

:foldon:

Arctic Silver 5... it should create a thin film without air bubbles... so it will be hard to pull a heatsink off it... the best way is to do it right after you power off or gently heat it with a hairdryer to warm it up... it's more "gooey" when warm...

don't ever EVER use thermal tape/pads... they're one step up from cardboard...

Arctic Silver 5... it should create a thin film without air bubbles... so it will be hard to pull a heatsink off it... the best way is to do it right after you power off or gently heat it with a hairdryer to warm it up... it's more "gooey" when warm...

don't ever EVER use thermal tape/pads... they're one step up from cardboard...

:withstupid:

paste is always the best... if you dont wana "yank" it off.. just slide soemting underit.. like aknife.. or credit card.. etc string also works

if you dont wana "yank" it off.. just slide soemting underit.. like aknife..

this will scratch your core reducing the contact surface area available and more importantly possibly damage your cpu... don't use a knife! (roadkill, come on, don't give advice like that dude...)

i know that's what you meant... i wouldn't slide a knife into my pants and i wouldn't slide one under my heatsink either... the risk of damaging fragile parts is not worth the risk! :lol:

I would say Arctic Silver 5 would be fine. I've used it many times and the HSF just comes right off without hassle. Ceramique on the other hand, oh boy, dont get me started on that stuff. It's a nightmare to get the HSF seperated but it is by far the better material :)