X800 Pro Or X800 Xt

GmAz

Thx...I think I will get the x800XT PE because Bestbuy had it for 500 bucks. I am unsure if it is a preorder price, but it had it for 500. I guess I will have to be without a video card til it comes out. Selling my 9800 Pro.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thx...I think I will get the x800XT PE because Bestbuy had it for 500 bucks. I am unsure if it is a preorder price, but it had it for 500. I guess I will have to be without a video card til it comes out. Selling my 9800 Pro.

Say hello to 12K+ 3dmarks. :)

One thing to note, the ATI OEM XT Platinum DOES NOT OC well. I can get my memory up to 600 with only very minor artifacting. I think some ramsinks will fix that. But I can't get more than 10mhz out of the core before it starts locking up on me.

Not like it really, matters when you are pull over 12K 3dmarks. But the OCer in me is very dissapointed.

One thing to note, the ATI OEM XT Platinum DOES NOT OC well. I can get my memory up to 600 with only very minor artifacting. I think some ramsinks will fix that. But I can't get more than 10mhz out of the core before it starts locking up on me.

Not like it really, matters when you are pull over 12K 3dmarks. But the OCer in me is very dissapointed.

So sad on the OC side. Do you have watercooling? I do have some nice ramsinks, not copper, but might get some just for hte card. and hey...12K. Why Oc it until i need to. I love OCing, almost lost my unlocked 2500 barton but hey, its all in the name of fun. One question, when will the x800 XT PE be in PCI Express? I know the x300 is already there.

have you tried lapping it? i had (still have, unused) an oem 9800pro that wouldn't overclock. 412 max core. horrible. never tried lapping it, though. perhaps i should, just for the hell of it. i now have an official ati 9800xt and it overclocks beautifully. still trying to convince ati to send us a bunch at work for testing purposes... it'll happen, grrrrr! :D

you can't go wrong with either the 6800GT or the X800 pro.

both are around $400 and both perform very similar ( the 6800 comes out 2% higher on overall which is virtually nothing)

wait just a few more weeks and see the reviews of the XT and Ultra Extreme against eachother. then you can choose your card