Instability In Folding@home After Ocing...

I had a 40c temperature, 1.6 vCore, and an Athlon XP 2200 set to 2GHz. Folding gets about a quarter of the way through a protein, then it stops it and says there was a fatal error with something, and i should check my temps, if im overclocking, and memory. Why did this go unstable while BF was smooth as always? And Prime95 failed me after 2 thingies in a Mega Torture Test.

EDIT: I dropped down to 1.9 GHz but still nothing...

Edited by HyperSonicSpirit

Up your vcore a bit(Try 1.725) and then reprime. Up your memeory voltage to 2.8. You can use the small fft test to check your cpu stability and the large fft test to check your ram and see where the problem lies. If you are not prime stable you will not be folding stable. You can call your O/C stable if it passes prime for 24 hrs on the blended torture test. By the way what kind of Heatsink and fan areyou using? :foldon::foldon:

Some Antec HSF... upgrading to a SLK900a, Tornado 92mm, and Arctic Silver 5 soon. Currently my temp is at 33c in Washington DC, nighttime, AC on... coldest room in the house ^_^. Haven't used that one in a while.... ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^

UPDATE:

I went into BIOS and couldn't find anything to change the vCore for the CPU or memory. Grand.

Edited by HyperSonicSpirit