Counterstrike Freeze Issues...

kurosen

Hey all, I wasn't sure whether to put this here or in the Vid Card section but here goes:

I am a Counter Strike obsessive and have been playing a while. But ever since 1.6 came out I've been getting system freeze after system freeze during gameplay and it's driving me nuts! I thought it might have been a faulty vid card (ATI All-In-Wonder 7500 64MB) since once in a blue moon after a freeze the screen goes "on the fritz" with jagged lines everywhere and then a system crash. But I just got a new All-In-Wonder 8500 128MB DDR (thanks Nick) and I'm having the same issue. I threw some copper RAM sinks on the memory and it doesn't seem to be helping. I've noticed during graphic intensive areas (running through smoke grenade) a few times it will freeze right then so I'm still leaning on a vid card issue. My specs are in my sig (except the new vid card which will be updated soon)... Do you think I need to lower the clock rates or FSB? Any help at all would be appreciated guys. :foldon:

This could be a driver problem, you know i got this in call of duty, Random Lock-ups every 3 secs, i reainstalled XP and voila it worked..!

what you can also do is Unistall completly you ATI drivers, and then reainstall them..that could help..

Or something else...did you install the card after the game ..or the game after the card ..cuz that could be a problem .

try unistaling the game with the 8500 AIW..and then reinstall it .

Edited by RadioActivated

try to play with your settings in cs...make sure you are in opengl if it supports it...try changing the smokes quality...(smoke grenades are only good for bogging down slow comps and they are the only reason i use them lol)...try a to put a psi bracket fan or something blowing directly accross the vid card...

try to play with your settings in cs...make sure you are in opengl if it supports it...try changing the smokes quality...(smoke grenades are only good for bogging down slow comps and they are the only reason i use them lol)...try a to put a psi bracket fan or something blowing directly accross the vid card...

Using your opponents slow comp against him-low blow! :lol: Oh yeah the topic:Kurosen I guess maybe do the driver reinstall/driver cleaner3 rigamarole and see what that gets you.I think probs w/CS are a current ATI driver feature. :(

i think u got screwed on the video card :P , but does it ever do the "half life launcher is not responding" or something b/c i get that when i OC to much even though prime95 and 3dmarks work fine

UPDATE: Well guys, it's official... I'm an idiot :smack:

I did a little looking into the clock rates set and realized I was setting the core higher than the memory (I mistook the slider for the core with the slider for the memory) :P Can anyone verify that to be a possible issue?... Just in case ;)

I did a little lowering on the core and upping on the mem and it seems stable, no crashes YET (to skeptical at the moment to validate this as my issue). I need to know what you guys think a STABLE clockrate would be on an All-In-Wonder Radeon 8500 128MB (I'll OC later, right now I need a base safety clockrate). If you have a recommended clockrate for a normal Radeon 8500, I'll try that too... I'll update if any more freezing issues occur.