Mcafee Firewall

Raife

I keep getting page cannot be found errors when surfing (particularly this site). I have limited the problem to McAfee Firewall, becasue it stops if I turn off Firewall. Anybody know what setting in McAfee is causing this. I have tried changing setting to be more relaxed but it doesn't seem to be helping.

Any ideas?

Have you thought about changing firewalls? :)

I'd highly recommend Zone Alarm Pro. I think it is the very best windows based firewall. If you don't feel like paying $39 for it, they also have a free version which is almost as good as the paying version.

More info at: http://www.zonelabs.com

As for your problem, I don't know. I have never used any other windows firewall besides ZAP (Zone Alarm Pro).

I'd highly recommend Zone Alarm Pro. I think it is the very best windows based firewall. If you don't feel like paying $39 for it, they also have a free version which is almost as good as the paying version.

As for your problem, I don't know. I have never used any other windows firewall besides ZAP (Zone Alarm Pro).

Bleh...

And AOL is the best dial-up ISP....

Bleh...

And AOL is the best dial-up ISP....

What "software" firewall would you recommend to a windows user? :)

Norton Internet Security 2K2...

Blocks inbound/outbound access... Blocks Ad/banners (Like the ones you have :P)... blocks cookies... protects confidential information... Blocks Java/ActiveX... and also allows you to block (based on website, IP, sub domain, etc) cookies, referer, browser (user-agent), E-mail (from), binary executables, scripts, and other things...

Very nice firewall, and also has a nice event log... though I don't trust any software firewall fully.

Ya... played arround with ZAP when I got my router a while back...

Didn't appear that you could block items on a per site basis... may have changed since then tho.

I also like NIS because it intigrates into NAV and NU/NSW.

Well...

Nortin Internet Security comes with Nortin Firewall and Antivirus.

Norton SystemWorks comes with Antivirus and Utilities

So, I got those two packages... not sure if there is one package that has all of that tho.

So, back to the origanial problem.

McAfee firewall has all the services listed above and also intergrates with McAfee Antivirus. since I use both I am interested in staying with the products, rather than switching suites or software.

Anybody have any possible problems.

could it be NIC settings??