No More Standby In Windows Xp!

Ston_Haus

I don't know exactly what happened to my setup, but one day I couldn't go into standby in windows xp anymore. I even looked at the power power options in the control panel and everything for system standby were missing does any one know a way to re-install these or recover them?

Ive tried to go to the last known good configuration and that does nothing.I also just noticed that System restore doesn't function either!!!!! What is going on?? Everything is running perfectly too my comp hasn't crashed or done anything weird besides these 2 things. I wonder what could of happened.

Go in your BIOS and make sure Advanced Power Management is ON or ENABLED. Then set all the lesser APM-related options (such as hard disk timouts and the monitoring of ports) to disable or off. This ensures that Windows is in control of all the APM options.

Then save settings, exit bios, and boot in to windows.

See if that does anything to help.

naa nothin', it seamed like a crap good idea though.

It is like it just never existed on my comp and it is really weird.

And now that system restore is gone too I have no idea what is going on

odd..

I'm really out of ideas :/

Maybe someone else that has had this problem might read this, and have an answer for you.

Sometimes updating system files on Windows Update can effect your setup... maybe an update tampered w/ some of your settings or screwed up something some how... if ya screw around within windows you might be able to fix this, but Ive seen this on older comps w/ other OS's that just seem to not wanna go into stand by anymore... could just be a permenant thing for your comp unless you like format or something...

I dont really know what to say cause Ive seen this a few times b4, oddly enough I think they were all HP's.... as for them, that's the kind of problems they get using pre-built comps...

naa nothin', it seamed like a crap good idea though.

It is like it just never existed on my comp and it is really weird.:blink:

And now that system restore is gone too I have no idea what is going on

Go to Control Panel -> Admin Tools -> Services

Scroll thru the list and make sure "System Restore Service" is started.

If it isn't and you want it on, right click it and click on start.

I have to go for a bit but would like you to check and see if you have any "Unsigned Device Drivers" Click Start, click Run, type sigverif, and then click OK.

Click Advanced.

Click Look for other files that are not digitally signed.

In the Look in this folder box, type x:\Windows\system32\drivers, where x is the letter of the drive where Windows XP is installed.

On the Logging tab, make sure the Save the file signature verification results to a log file check box is selected, and then click OK.

Click Start.NOTE: The log file is named Sigverif.txt, and it is saved in the Windows folder. Third-party drivers that are unsigned are displayed as "Not signed." Use the drivers in this list as your troubleshooting starting point.

Some driver are hardware issue here I think if not you can always back up everything and repair windows by going over top as long as this is a full install and not a update seems this is not a 9x windows it works very well.

go here for that

http://www.webtree.ca/windowsxp/repair_xp....isting%20Setup: