Wake On Pci Modem

I want to access my cabin pc remotly. I enabled wake on pci modem in the bios. I also have real vnc installed. Anyone have any pointers on have this remote access stuff works.

You would have to have some software running that actullay answers the phone when it rings (not just wakes the PC)

(I am assuming this is dial-up..)

to my knowledge RealVNC won't do that.... I use the program but it is all broadband....

Hmm... in the past I have used PcAnywhere through a dial up connection ....

worked quite well...

I used it for technical support in a job I had a few years ago....

I'm sure there are others, but that is the one I am familiar with....

Acessing a PC remotley especially with something like VNC is bandwidth intensive as it's just screen captures. Does the cabin PC have XP pro on it? if it does you can RDC but only with broadband and looks fantastic and is nowere near as beastly as VNC plus you can log on normally, access network shares, even use the cabins printer as a local printer. go to Start --->run--->mstsc type in the IP of the computer and type the login info of your admin acct and viola!

The problem is the wake on modem is that you get leased a new IP everytime you log on dial-up (or no guarentee of the same IP) so trying either VNC or RDC becomes impossible. only works well with always on internet, cable or DSL.