Networking Problem

i am trying to network both of my computers through a router. i want to do this so i can monitor both of my folding clients from one computer instead of switching between the two. i have the workgroup set up on one computer but dont know how to get the other computer connected to it. any help or directions would be appreciated. i did search google and i couldnt figure it out. thanks

make sure that you have each computer set up to "share" the drives and or printers in you network properities. And make sure you set the hard drives themselves up to share if you wnat them too. Also I find it easier to have both computer belonging to the same workgroup. If you just want to switch between computers and display the desktops, you should use a KVM switch.

well i tried to set it up earlier and tried to have them in the same workgroup but when i went to look in the workgroup it only had the one computer under there. i already have a kvm switch but i think it would be easier to monitor both folding clients from one computer instead of switching back and forth.