I'm Soooo Excited :p

crap i never knew i could be so excited over a mere electronical piece of .... lol

i don't know what it is but OC'ing is really a sport for me nowadays and i love it!

after tracking ym package it notes that it's out for delivery today so i'm at the tip of my chair waiting for the doorbel to ring.... i want to beat the crap out of this proc and get at least 2.7 B)

now for a small question.....is it really better if i keep the FSB and try to find the max OC with MHz before shooting for high FSB? i always did it the other way around. i don't know what to expect from this CPU....i almost can't imagin that an AMD proc can run 2.7GHz... lol.... i will have to see for myself....

grrrrr....the bel just rang...i rushed to the door....it was the milkman :( :( :(

crap...i'm getting mroe nervous then my first time of s*x for christ sake....hahaha j/k

i just hear the bel ringa gain....FEDEX!! yeehaw!! i've not got my mobile chip....i also checked my regular mail and guess what...i just received my new bios chip from DFI too!!! is this my lucky day or what? i'll be tesitng my DFI again today to see if it works again with the new chip

Edited by bloodking

Dude, where do you live that still has a milkman =). Man, I want a mobile too. All the cool people have one =). No, i really want one. I got my barton 2500 up to 2400Mhz. I get i could gtet 2600 outta a mobile. I would try upping the FSB also. The higher the fsb, the faster the system is overall. Plus, with a lower multiplier, that means lower vcore and less temps.

the netherlands...i don't know why there is a milkman...there just is... lol

and actually with higher FSB you'll get higher temps...and Vcore depends on whatkind of MHz your getting....

Edited by bloodking

Guest Ballz2TheWallz

theres been clocks with mobles in the 3ghz+ range with extreme air cooling(ex: SP-97 92mm tornado and a *** load of case fans)

i'm currently stuck at 2520 because my board undervolts my highest setting to 1.82V apprx.

if i can get it up to 2V and when my WC setup arrives with pelts you'll see some different results

"I'm so excited! And I just can't hide it! I'm about to lose control and I think I---" *ahem*

..yeah.

Good luck with the processor man! But be careful with those high voltages. I don't care how much cooling you've got on a processor, 2v is pretty risky.

And remember, higher volts don't guarantee higher overclocks.

Either way though, good luck!

i know higher volts don't gaurantee higher clocks...but lower temps and higher volts do lol

i just can't wait till everything arives...

did you read the post before your's? higher temps even with better cooling don't mean better oc. if the chip just can't do it then it doesn't matter what you do to it.

sorry..i've read my post again and indeed i said it the wrong way...lol

what i mean is with lower temps.....and really high volts it's possible that that i get better OC... the gain is less with higher volts....i've seen it with all my chips...above 1.8 volts the gain is almost half of the gain when jumping from 1.45 to 1.55