Cpu Temperature

Teegger

Hi, as you can tell I am new to these forums. I am running a 3.4 GHz P4c on an Asus P4C800-E motherboard with 1 gig ofMushkin level One PC3500 ram. What concerns me is the CPU temperature that is reported by the motherboard with PC Probe. I have a Cooler Master Jet 4 CPU Blower Fan on the cpu, 7 fans in the case, one in a pci slot space, 2 in front for intake, 2 in rear and one on side for exhaust, one super fan in the top. Also there is fans in the Power supply which is a Thermaltake Purepower 480w .

What I want to know from you all is what should the normal operating temperature of the CPU be at this speed?

At the moment it runs 33 C or 91 F , I just made some fan changes, but during heavy high resolution game play it gets up to like 47-48 C or 118 F and runs there pretty steady at times. After the change I just made it seems steady at 45-46 C. No matter what I try, messing with fans and fan rpm I can not get the cpu to run any cooler during gameplay. When I am done playing games the temp drops back down to the 33C or 91 F range. The computer is stable and doesn't give me any problems. Is this normal temeratures? Or do I need to find another way to cool the cpu off, liquid cooling maybe?

I will welcome any advice or ideas.

Thank you

Try taking out 4 of the case fans. 7 is just too much. Fans can actually raise heat, as they too, are motors, and motors make heat. Also, make sure the you don't have all exaust fans. If you have a bunch of fans, and there is no air getting into the case, they're pretty pointless. Try changing the side fan to an intake fan, so it's blowing air into the case, as well as taking out the 4 I mentioned earlier, so that you only have 3 fans inside the case.

Thanks for the advice, gonna try making the side fan an intake as well. With only 4 fans, 2 intake and 2 exhaust, it was not enough the cpu temp went higher.

Gonna play around some and will let you know.

Thanks again.

i think maybe you should try resetting your heatsink because alot of people can get them temperatures with stock cooling and only like 2 case fans, it's off subject but i run an amd palomino core which are big heat generators and i have stock cooling and 1 case fan and my load temp never goes above 45

I had this problem. I mounted a fan blowing down to the bottom of the case from the top 5.25 drive bay. The slot right below it, I removed the cover plate to let cool air in. After that, I was fine during gameplay. As soon as I can find some mini fans, I am going to mount 2 of those on the cover plate of the 5.25 drive bay and let the suck air into the front of the case. I imagine I won't gain much cooling than what I already have, but it will just look tighter than an open slot up there.

I have a simular setup and i ordered the swiftech watercooling system for the cpu and the chipset. I'm going to upgrade the memory to pc4400. I was also wondering about the temps and if i should install the thermal electric watercooled heaterblock.

Well, I totally reset my heatsink on the cpu and made some fan adjustments, and got the temperatures down to 30C/86F Idle and 40C/104F under full game load and running at 3.6GHz.

Thanks for all the input :)

Guest gZeus
I mounted a fan blowing down to the bottom of the case from the top 5.25 drive bay.

did i undertsand that clear, your blowing air from the top, down to the bottom?

bad move.. hot air rises.. so you want to blow cold air up to the top[.. and hopefuilly even exhaust it from there..

if i udnerstodd yuh wrong .. my bad