Liquid Cooling Advice Please

wamason

OK, after checking around on some cooling kits, I'd like some opinions and advice. I'm relatively new to liquid cooling. I've seen several kits such as the Ahanix Iceberg and Thermaltake Aquarius 2 that are mediocre performers at best. My question is this: Can either of these kits be modified to increase cooling? Also, another kit I've run across that is different from anything else I've seen is the GlobalWin Silent Stream. Anyone used this before? It seems like as very simple solution to liquid cooling, but I'm wary of it because of the low price and the "all-in-one" unit. I've checked other kits such as the Swiftech kits and Koolance kits, but I haven't found many that will give me much lower temps than an SLK or MXC462 (or is it MCX462).

Any advice would be appreciated.

--Walt

are you looking for quiet... or good performance or both....

for both.. build your own..really it is easy!

whitewater block,

heater core rad ( i use a Pontiac Boneville core with twin 120mm fans)

homemade res (2" PVC pipe with caps)

tubing from hardware store.

L30 or 1250 pump.....

a little research and you ar set...

if you want something cheap.. no effort, quiet, but not impressive cooling( as in you will get better performance with air), then the kits mentioned above will do, and for the most part they cannot be upgraded....

im waiting for my 8501P swiftrch to come in. I've read a lot on watercooling and swiftech seems to get the best rating. I also read that it's benificial to run a second radiator so instead of another swiftech radiator I ordered a 120mm low presure drop cube from cool-computers (http://www.cool-computers.com/site/default.asp?dir=1%2EOnline+Store&subcat=Radiators&doc=Radiators%2Ehtm) to mount on the bottom of my case. I also ordered the chipset cooler, which i did recieve already and the 120mm radiator. should have the rest in by the end of the month.

it will be fun trying to fit all this into my box. :)

i was lookign at that silent sream myself couple of weeks ago...i looked really hard on google for reviews and it does a fine job keeping the CPU cool and silent but temps weren't the best. most hit mid to high 30 idles and almost 50 load.

like exeter says...you can outdo the kits in performance and noise if you build the WC setup yourself

:withstupid:

My first few experiments with H20 were with pre-assembled kits. My best advice is to keep your eye on the forums and see what people like and dislike, and make a hybrid setup yourself. Ditto on the Swifty rads to... I have two of them -struggling- to keep up with dissipating the heat from my peltier, and will have to upgrade to a dual danger-den setup soon, i think. Running hot H20 over a pelt is not my idea of a good time.